Returnees Lament FG Neglect, Troop Back To Libya

Libya returnees


LAGOS MARCH 10TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Some Libya returnees from Edo state have accused the federal government of abandoning them and failing to fulfil its promise of empowering them with funds after giving them initial training.
The returnees, while accusing the federal government of neglect, said more Nigerians would continue to flee to Libya if the situation in Nigeria is unfavourable to them. In a shocking confesion, a returnee said some Nigerians who were evacuated by the federal government from Libya have found their way back to Libya.
The returnees accused the government of being the reason for this dangerous decision to return to Libya. Vanguard reports that the returnees made this statement in Benin-City, Edo state at a ceremony organized by International Organization for Migration (IOM) to launch and hand over a Migrant Resource Centre MRC to the federal government.
They consequently advised international humanitarian agencies, particularly the United Nations Migration Agency, the IOM as well as the European Union EU against routing their projects through the Nigerian government, lamenting that such lofty gestures hardly ever get to the intended beneficiaries.
“What I have to tell the EU-IOM is that they should please, not partner with the government or any other agency in Nigeria. If there is any project you have for the returnees, please do it fast. We heard that some money was set aside to empower us but till now we have not seen anything since we finished our training last year”, said Mr Iluobe Ehis who returned last year. Another returnee who simply identified himself as Collins said: “Talking about reintegration, up till today nothing has been done. They trained us last year but the grants they promised us have not been given. My candid advice to IOM and EU is that if you want to spend money on returnees, do not partner with the Nigerian government. Some of us that returned have gone back again.”
It would berecalled that no fewer than 144 Nigerians, which included four pregnant women, were on Thursday, March 1, returned from Libya with the assistance of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU). The returnees arrived at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos at 10.30pm. They returned aboard a chartered Airbus 320 with registration number LZ-MDI operated by VIA Airways.

Please follow and like us:

Related Post

Short URL: http://www.newsrangers.com/?p=3426

Posted by on Mar 10 2018. Filed under National, State. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

News Rangers TV

Recent Gallery Slideshow

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 3,998 other subscribers

Photo Gallery

Designed by Nate Otaba