Suspected Kidnap Kingpin, Evans Rejects Confessional Statement

Evans


LAGOS OCTOBER 27TH (NEWSRANGRS)-Suspected kidnap kingpin Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans says his confessional statement after his arrest last year (2017), was given under duress.
At the resumed hearing of his case on Friday, he told an Ikeja High Court, presided over by Justice Hakeem Oshodi that he was tortured before writing the statement.
He also gave details of how members of Inspector General of Police (IGP) Intelligence Response Team and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), allegedly tortured and killed several others in his presence.
He claimed that the security agents killed the victims by suffocating them with plastic bags and threatened to do same to him if he failed to cooperate with them.
According to him, after witnessing the execution, some sheets of paper were brought for him to sign by the police.
“After a few minutes they brought 25 sheets of paper for me and I signed them.
“Some things were written on some of the sheets of paper while some were blank, that was how I was forced to sign the confessional statements,” he said.
Evans is standing trial alongside five other persons, Uche Amadi, Ogechi Uchechukwu, Chilaka Ifeanyi, Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu and Victor Aduba, on two counts bordering on conspiracy and kidnapping.
The case was, however, adjourned till November 23.

Please follow and like us:

Related Post

Short URL: http://www.newsrangers.com/?p=20190

Posted by on Oct 27 2018. Filed under National. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

News Rangers TV

Recent Gallery Slideshow

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 2,242 other subscribers

Photo Gallery

Designed by Nate Otaba