Three Dead, Three Injured In Bowling Alley Shooting In Illinois

LAGOS DECEMBER 27TH (NEWSRANGERS)-Three people were killed and three others were injured Saturday in a shooting at Don Carter Lanes, a bowling alley in Rockford.

Police Chief Dan O’Shea said they have a person of interest in custody who is thought to be the only shooter. However, he said the investigation is “very, very fluid” and still ongoing.

O’Shea said shots were fired inside and outside of the bowling alley.

“We have the scene secure and a person of interest in custody,” O’Shea said. “When officers arrived on scene, the shooter was still in the building. No officers fired their weapons that we know of at this point but the individual that we believe is responsible and the only individual we believe at this point to be involved, we have in custody.”

He did not have information about any of the shooting victims available. “I do know there are two teenagers that have been shot but I don’t know the ages,” O’Shea said.

Police have cleared the area and are asking the public to stay away.

The shooting comes near the end of what’s been the deadliest year on record in Rockford, Illinois. There have now been 35 homicides in the city this year, the most of any year on records dating back to 1965. The next highest had been 31 recorded in 1996.

The city also endured 21% more violent crimes and 49% more shots fired through November this year, according to the latest police data released Thursday.

USA TODAY

Please follow and like us:

Related Post

Short URL: http://www.newsrangers.com/?p=62571

Posted by on Dec 27 2020. Filed under International, National. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

News Rangers TV

Recent Gallery Slideshow

Follow me on Twitter

Photo Gallery

Designed by News Rangers ICT Department
Close